|Water Supplies Department
Photo Application Form
|Address:||48/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong|
Aberdeen Reservoir, Hok Tau Reservoir, Kowloon Reservoir, Lau Shui Heung Reservoir, Pok Fu Lam Reservoir, Shek Lei Pui Reservoir, Shek Pik Reservoir, Shing Mun Reservoir and catchwaters and Tai Lam Chung Reservoir and catchwaters
*Parts of reservoirs*
Draw-off tower, overflow spillway and East Dam of High Island Reservoir, main dam of Lower Shing Mun Reservoir, main dam of Tai Tam Reservoir and spillway of Plover Cove Reservoir
*Water Service Reservoirs and others*
Chai Wan North No.2 Fresh Water Service Reservoir, Lam Tin High Level Fresh Water Service Reservoir, Sai Wan Fresh Water Service Reservoir, fabridam at Tai Po Tau Pumping Station, Tai Tam Tuk Raw Water Pumping Station, Siu Lam No.1 Fresh Water Service Reservoir, Siu Lam No.2 Fresh Water Service Reservoir and Western Salt Water Service Reservoir
|How To Apply:||Call the General Registry, Headquarters before submitting the application form. The application form (WWO 1069) should reach WSD headquarters at least 7 clear working days prior to the proposed date of filming with information on the exact location of the filming site (with relevant maps in scale of 1:20,000 or larger attached), date, time, description of the scenes and the activities, size of the crew and number of vehicles.
If the proposed filming site falls within a Country Park, confirmation that the Director of Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation has given approval for the proposed filming is required (tel : 2150 6868).
$7,000 (basic charge) for the first 4 hours, $1,770 for each subsequent 4-hour block and a refundable deposit equal to the fees payable. Both are to be paid before filming.
If extra government personnel, stores or services are required to assist in the filming, the actual cost plus overheads will be charged.
$9,040 per application for a period up to 1 month and $6,810 for any part of a month thereafter. A refundable deposit 3 times of the fees is required.
1) Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
2) If the application is approved, the applicant is required to sign an indemnity form and pay the charges and deposit before the filming to take place.
3) The nature of the film shall not be a cause of embarrassment to the HKSAR Government, the property itself or any of its occupants whether they be tenants or their visitors or other invitees or licensees.
4) The nature of the film shall not offend the laws of Hong Kong or is of immoral, defamatory or political flavour.
5) The following activities or filming scenes are strictly prohibited :
- Lighting of fire or the use of fireworks, explosives or any pyrotechnic materials;
- Fishing in reservoir area during 'off-fishing season', i.e. 1 April - 31 August; and
- Bathing, washing, swimming, boating and any activities that may cause water pollution in reservoir area and/or water gathering grounds.
6) Filming is not allowed on the roof areas of the Fresh Water Service Reservoir.
|Compliments to the government and public bodies that have agreed to consider applications to hire premises or facilities under their management for location filming.|